It’s called: Can DK remember what she was going to say about this when she took the pictures a few weeks ago and promptly forgot about them‽ (Side note, I just had a major SQUEE at being able to put an interrobang into my post.)
So, let’s begin. Awhile back I got this message for eggs baked in an avocado. The link is here if you are so inclined to try it, but frankly I was disappointed, and even though I documented it in photos, I will not be sharing it.
However, while I was making it and documenting it, I had the foresight to make and document something that didn’t leave me feeling “meh.” It’s another off-the-wall smoothie recipe, but it’s a good one and quite filling at that.
In this smoothie, I used the avocado that I excavated from the shell to make room for the eggs. Next time, however, I’ll just use the whole avocado.
We need to gather our cast of characters:
- 1 banana
- 1 avocado
- 1 handful frozen strawberries (thaw for a few seconds in the microwave if your blender is wussy)
- 1 handful frozen blueberries (even wussy blenders should be able to handle these)
- Enough milk to give you your desired viscosity
- Sweetener of your choice to taste
- 1 packet of TrueLime (optional, but I pretty much don’t make smoothies without it anymore)
Just in case I need to give instructions with this:
Pile all those ingredients into a blender or cup for immersion blender. Blend. Drink. Enjoy. I may add a little spinach next time and really boost the nutritional value to 11.