And it’s for ME! Granted, I’m still making Renaissance underwear (this time slightly more historically accurate), but I managed to squeeze in a little something for myself.
Okay, I’ll be honest. I started this project more than a year ago. I “finished” it once before, but my body dysmorphia resulted in a very large and ill-fitting dress. I took it in today. Finally. Although, I took it in so well that it only fits on models with movable shoulders. Which means we get to suffer through a picture of me instead of a picture of my dressform.
Perhaps the only one suffering is me. Not only do I detest the way I look (body dysmorphia, among other things), but I’m incredibly awkward in general. The awkwardness doubles in front of a camera. Especially on self timer. I had to take a dozen pictures before I could find one I’m happy with.
I first saw a dress like this in a fancy pants store in Toronto. A store in which I could never afford anything on the racks. I’m pretty sure a good chunk, if not all, of the clothing was vintage. Once I got home, I found a pattern for the exact same dress. A short while later, I found the perfect fabric for it. Sew sew sew… Fat.
Now that it’s altered, I rather enjoy the dress. The sleeves might be a little too huge and may be coming in, but other than that, I dig it. So glad I got it to fit right at the end of summer. And when I have no where to wear it. But I have it, and that’s all that matters.